Listing Your Home During Winter is a GREAT Idea
YOUR HOME MAY BE A HOT LISTING THIS WINTER
Around this time each year, many homeowners decide to wait until spring to sell their houses. Let’s unpack the top reasons why selling your house now is the best choice you can make. This year, buyers want to purchase homes before the spring and summer rush, and your house might be the perfect match.
Here are seven great reasons NOT to wait to sell your house this winter:
- Buyers are active now. Mortgage rates are historically low, providing motivation for those who are ready to get more for their money over the life of their home loan.
- Purchasers who look for homes during the winter months are serious ones, and they’re ready to buy.
- You can restrict the showings in your house to days and times that are most convenient for you, or even select virtual options. You will remain in control, especially in today’s sellers’ market.
- Chances are you’ve spruced up and cleaned your house well after taking down your holiday decorations, and you’re home is in great shape which is a perfect time to sell.
- Today, there’s minimal competition for you as a seller. There just aren’t enough houses on the market to satisfy buyer demand, meaning sellers are in the driver’s seat. Over the past year, inventory has declined to record lows, making it the opportune time to sell your house.
- The desire to own a home doesn’t stop during the winter months. Buyers who have been searching throughout the fall and holidays have been running into more and more bidding wars and they are still on the lookout. Your home may be the answer!
- This winter is the sweet spot, and the number of listings will increase the closer we get to spring. More and more new construction is becoming available for sale in 2021, which will lessen the demand for your house.
More than ever, this may be the year it makes the most sense to list your house during the holiday season. Reach out to Northwest Home Team Realty to determine if selling now is your best move.